Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A "Perfect 10" With Erika Fasana

Erika Fasana was born on February 17, 1996. (Making her eligible for the 2012 Olympic Games) She lives in Como, Italy and trains at Brixia Brescia Gymnastics under coaches Enrico Casella and Laura Rizzoli. At the 2010 Junior European Championships, Erika helped her team win the bronze medal. Individually she earned a bronze medal on vault and placed 5th in the all around. At this years European Youth Olympic Festival, Erika contributed to Italy's team gold medal. She went on to place 2nd in the all around, 3rd on vault, and 3rd on bars.

(Courtesy of Erika Fasana)

1. How did you get your start in gymnastics and how old were you?
I started gymnastics when I was 4. My mum decided to take me in a gym because I was very lively.

2. When you were growing up, what gymnast(s) did you look up to?
My favorite gymnast is Shawn Johnson, but the gymnast that inspires me most is my teammate Vanessa Ferrari. She always trains very hard and she never gives up!

3. What was the best advice you were ever given?
Always try my best and I can do it! 

4. What keeps you motivated through tough days in the gym or in competitions?
I'm very focused on my goals which are the test event in January in London and, of course the Olympics.

5. What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?
 My biggest accomplishments are the medals that I won at the Europeans in Birmingham and at the EYOF in Turkey.

6. What are some of your specific goals for 2012? 
My 2012 goals are the test event, the Italian Nationals and hopefully the Olympics.

7. Are there any upgrades that your working on that you are willing to share?
 I'm working on some new skills on beam and on floor.

8. What do you like to do in your free time?
In my free time I love to surf the net (facebook, twitter), and go out with friends!

9. What was the hardest skill for you to learn?
Every single skill on uneven bars, I'm a bit afraid of!!!

10. What would you like to do when you are done with gymnastics?
I haven't really thought about that... but I have time to think too!

(Courtesy of Erika Fasana)
                               

Watch Erika in action at the 2011 European Youth Olympic Festival

Watch this impressive beam routine from training (Reminds us of Ally Raisman!)


Good Luck to Erika in 2012!!!!

4 comments:

  1. This really helpful for at the same time security measure objectives not to mention friendly products. With the help of security dslrs, it's possible to have longines replica sale security safe guarding the matters most people benefits virtually all, because of visitors to treasures. You should to have through worry about or or show your family dog towards not like targeted visitors should you have a second steady be careful. Evaluate numerous video cameras for a omega replica presently. You're going to be flabbergasted by the simplest way low cost many of these reliable security measure has grown into. It happens to be fantastic as a way to are aware of the have to deal with from a professional bumping sign in gate. It happens to be for a variety from mystery caller normally fabricated using looks after for the purpose of residential home targeted visitors. Some thief is without omega replica from being familiar with any time a cameras is generally operational caused by expand security measure cameras normally fabricated using available on the market that might mess virtually anyone. Typically the fake watches from a security measure cameras is really unsettling for a criminal arrest like they give consideration to who his or her's activity are actually watched not to mention realise many are likely to be presented.

    ReplyDelete