Monday, August 4, 2014

Dear Gymternet- Journals from Elena Arenas (Entry #3 August 2014)



Dear Gymternet,

I just finished competing at the Secret US Classic and had a great time. It was one of the coolest weekends of my life! I had podium training on Friday morning and afternoon. During the afternoon workout the seniors were there getting ready to train and they were cheering us on. All at once they shouted "Go Juniors!" That was so cool!

Photo Credit: USA Gymnastics

On competition day I was a little intimidated by all the people that were there to watch, but once I started competing I felt a lot better. The meet went well and I qualified for P&Gs again! (I already qualified at the American Classic.) This weekend I was most happy with vault and bars. Floor was pretty good and on beam I grabbed the beam on my side aerial and had a couple of wobbles, so I hope to make improvements on those two events at P&Gs.


After the meet people wanted me to sign autographs and take pictures with them, it was so much fun! I also had a bunch of family that came to watch me and support me. Now I'm going to go back to the gym and will train hard for the P&G Championships!

~ Elena

7 comments:

  1. You did good! And thank you for great blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressing! Keep up the good work! Greetings from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a previous gymnast i love looking at all the upcoming gymnasts in the sport. you look amazing and i love that you have a blog to keep people updated. :) you should check out my blog on adult gymnastics in England. http://rebeccahill97.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/adult-gymnastics.html

    ReplyDelete