Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Dear Gymternet- Journals from Elena Arenas (Entry #8 January 2015)

Dear Gymternet,

The month of January has been great!  I had my first competition and my first developmental camp of 2015.  

My first competition was a local meet in the Atlanta area.  This was a great opportunity for me to compete some new skills and combinations, so I was excited!  My first event was bars and I did the toe full pak combination for the first time in a meet and I made it.  Then I went to beam and competed a bunch of new skills which were handspring handspring two foot layout two foot, front tuck, switch leap switch half combination and double pike dismount.  I added these new skills plus my old ones from last year and I hit.  I was really happy with beam!!! Next was floor and I competed my brand new floor routine.  Antonia Markova choreographed it and I really like it!  I ended on vault and stuck a yurchenko full and finished the meet strong.  




At developmental camp I had to verify routines and I finished 1st in the all around!  I had prepared really well for this camp and felt very confident going into the verification days.  On floor I successfully verified all four passes on competition surface, including my piked full in. I was very happy with how floor went and couldn't wait for the other events! Next was vault and I did a yurchenko full. I was planning on doing a double full but my warm up was a little off so I decided that it would be safer to do a full. Beam was next and I did great! I didn't wobble on anything except a little bit on my switch half. I verified all my new skills and was very excited about my performance. On bars I did great! I felt like I could've added a couple of new skills, but we decided to go with a clean routine that we were confident that I would hit. I've been working on my shaposh, ray, and inside stalder which hopefully I'll add at least one or two of these in my routine by the elite season. Overall it was a great camp and I always have a bunch of fun with my roommates and friends during our time that we are not training! I also got some USA Under Armour apparel at camp. All of the girls got a shirt and tights. It was such a cool surprise and we loved the clothes!




My next big thing is the WOGA classic on February 14th. I am competing in the elite international session, so I'm going to prepare really well for that and can't wait to compete against other countries.

~ Elena

3 comments:

  1. Hunt for errors with worth. The vast majority of creators connected with less excellent wristwatches will probably tag heuer replica sale produce problems. You would possibly go to the misspelled concept within the dial or perhaps glue positioning volumes or maybe logos constantly in place. Extravagance wristwatches would not indicate almost any signals connected with glue in addition to the bands will likely be spelled the right way. this label Think incorporates a corporation of which modified the best way the earth rolex replica sale vistas denim jeans. In the event the Marciano inlaws designed the brand of violet trousers, trousers just weren't just by this doing the job category, although were being utilized by means of well known personalities along with the uppr category many looking to soar with within the tendency from the 1970's. Trousers were being generally thought to be iwc replica uk relaxed attire till the Think trousers achieved it towards outlets. Think rapidly evolved into this label to recognise when you required to be in within the most current style . in addition to ways on this planet. Certainly, as soon as Think begun developing wristwatches, some people were being hesitant as we were looking at in the event the primary trousers got journey brand. Even so, currently Think wristwatches usually are accepted as top-of-the-line vogue which might be utilized just as before by means of breitling replica sale this well known together with adult males, women of all ages, tweens, in addition to little ones throughout the world. Their own styles and designs fixed these individuals as well as different check out makers; certainly, Think was in his or her category, as the wearers usually are recognized to get vogue conscience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hearts believe, but can not believe, has been married a sister cheap ray bans of the sale when all of a sudden oakley sunglasses sale uk became a . Actually sale like you have not one or two days, and had this girl from a child like you, cheap ray ban sunglasses until now. oakley sunglasses sale uk Haha, you do not see me in a bad mood tonight to tease me. cheap little oakley sunglasses sale uk I just know, discount ray ban sunglasses I was very surprised, but then also want to understand.

    ReplyDelete