Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Meet The Elite- Elizabeth Price

What is it like training at Parkettes?

I really enjoy training at Parkettes. My coaches and teammates are like my family. My coaches can be strict, but what coaches aren't? They're just trying their hardest to make us the best athletes we can be.

What is a typical day like for you?

In my typical day, I wake up around 7am, get dressed, eat a small breakfast, and leave home close to 7:30 (it takes 20 minutes to get to gym). I get to the gym early and hangout until 8:30am, when practice starts. My group warms up and conditions for an hour. And at 9:30 we do three events for an hour each before having an hour lunch break at 12:30pm. Then we do our last event at 1:30pm for an hour before going back to bars and beam for about a half hour each. At 3:30 we condition and stretch for about 30-45 minutes. When I get home I relax a little and go on the computer before starting schoolwork around 5pm (I'm home schooled). I do school until 8 or 9pm with eating dinner between and then take a shower and watch TV until 10pm, when I go to bed.

What are your goals for the future?

 My goals for the future are to be able to compete at the American Cup or Pacific Alliance competitions before gearing up for the Olympic training season.

Have you ever had any embarrassing moments during competition?

There have been multiple times where I would forget parts of my floor routine while competing, but I think that's as embarrassing as it gets.

How do you stay motivated through tough days in the gym or in competition?

I stay motivated by thinking of my goals and what I want to accomplish in the future, and the only way I can reach those goals is if I fight through my tough days.

What was the hardest skill for you to learn?
The hardest skill for me to learn was probably a yurchenko layout vault. I remember day after day having bad landings on that vault. It took me a shorter amount of time to learn to twist a vault and land nicely.

What gymnasts do you look up to?
There isn't really one gymnast I look up too. I really look up to all the gymnasts that have been successful in their careers and gone to the Olympics or won a World Championships.

Are you working on any upgrades?

I'm working on a yurchenko 2 1/2 twist on vault. On bars I'm working on connecting skills for more bonus points. On beam I'm working a double pike dismount and a handspring layout full series. And on floor I'm working on harder tumbling passes like a tucked double twisting double back and a full twisting double layout.
(Photo from Elizabeth Price's Offical Website)

No comments:

Post a Comment