Thursday, January 31, 2013

Meet Rising Star-Enus Mariani

14 year old Enus Mariani, is on the verge of becoming Italy's next big thing. After placing 3rd AA at the 2012 Junior Italian National Championships, and 2nd AA at the 2012 City of Jesolo Trophy, Enus went on to grab the AA title at the 2012 Junior European Championships, a feat that most young gymnasts can only dream about! With her gymnastics being a mixture of power and grace, Enus has caught the attention of many fans all over the world. Not to mention she has the best bar routine out of the entire Italian National Team...talk about promising! After a successful 2012 season, Enus is exited to see what the future holds and was eager to share her plans with us!

Photo Credit: Unknown


Triple Twist: How did you get started in gymnastics?

Enus: I started doing gymnastics in a gym when I was seven and a half years old. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew I wanted to be a gymnast!

Triple Twist: When did you realize that you had the potential to reach the elite level?

Enus: I train every day and I work hard, I don’t know if I really have more potential than some other gymnasts or if I arrived here just because of my hard work and ambition.

Triple Twist: Talk a little bit about your experience at the 2012 European Championships. Did you expect to walk away with the all around title?

Enus: It has been amazing, a wonderful experience to say the least! I mean I’ve always worked a lot, I never save energies or stop pushing myself. So, I had the skills, I just had to put into practise what the coaches told me. Everything just came together!

Triple Twist: Do you have any funny/interesting memories from that experience?

Enus: No, I haven’t, because it was my first experience so I just tried to enjoy myself and memorize everything, I remember the whole thing!

Triple Twist:  Many people have claimed you to be Italy's next big thing, does that put any pressure on you?

Enus: I’m thankful to all the people that believe I am this, but I don’t think I am the only one. We’re a team of close-knit gymnasts that love each other and try to do our best. Honestly, sometimes other people’s expectations do put some pressure on me, but I try not to think about it when I compete.

Photo Credit: Unknown


Triple Twist: Did you watch the 2012 Olympics? What was your favorite performance from that meet?

Enus: Yes, I watched the Olympics. I really enjoyed what the US team did.

Triple Twist: Do you have any idols? If so, who are they and why do they inspire you?

Enus: I don’t have a real idol. As I said before I like American gymnasts because of their power and control, and Russians because of their elegance. Being able to mix these things would be awesome.

Triple Twist: What is your favorite/least favorite thing about being a gymnast?

Enus: The best part of being a gymnast is that you don’t know the fatigue. Even if you come back home tired you already think about tomorrow, the next training, your exercises, and what needs to be accomplished that day. The worst part is- speaking for myself, the character. I'm always in a kind of fight, not completely satisfied about what I’m doing, and always looking for improvement and perfection.

Triple Twist: What are your plans for this season?

Enus: I’m going to have a team competition in the A1 Italian Championships, then I don’t know. There are lots of meets I’d like to join: Jesolo, the All Around, EYOF, etc. I don’t have any purpose, I just try to do my best! Once I have done so, and I’m sure I couldn’t do more, any result will be fine with me.

Triple Twist: What kinds of things do you like to do outside of the gym? Do you attend public school?

Enus: I love going to school, I attend a private school of art. I like going shopping, listening to music, dancing…I have many interests and I’m really happy with my life!

Photo Credit: Yasmin Dabbgagh
Watch Enus on floor at the European Championships:



Watch Enus on bars at the European Championships:


6 comments:

  1. Love it! So happy you posted about her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great web site. Good sparkling user interface and very informative blogs. Friv Juegos | Y10 | Yepi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! turnover คืออะไร

    ReplyDelete
  4. blog replica bags in pakistan visit this page replica bags 168 mall like this 7a replica bags meaning

    ReplyDelete