Saturday, March 2, 2013

The story of Llomincia Hall's floor routine

In the world of NCAA gymnastics, there has been a lot of buzz about the LSU sophomore Llomincia Hall and her up-beat and high-energy floor routine. Every time I watch her perform, it puts a smile on my face and gives me chills because you can tell that she is truly enjoying every second of it. Even at away meets, everyone can't help but smile and enjoy watching her routine because it's one of the most entertaining pieces currently being performed in the NCAA. Even though some people have been critical about her choreography and whether or not it's "artistic", I think it's fair to say that most people really do enjoy this routine and the passion she puts into it every single time. It's very entertaining and I would absolutely kill to watch this performance live due to the energy and excitement it creates. I would love to see Mincy take the floor title at NCAA's this year. If you haven't seen it yet, make sure you check it out below.

         

So what's the story behind the routine? Llomincia says it's all about religion. "My inspiration for the choreography was Christ. I begin my floor routine by putting both hands up to Christ to say without him it would not be possible for me to even be out on the floor." Her music is from a very popular African American gospel group whom Mincy thinks has an inspiring message. "I love their inspiration, I love their message, and that's what I want to represent to the world. I'm all about Christ and Christ is the main reason that I am here." she says. As far as the dancing goes, Mincy knows she's not a ballerina. "It's not classical, but if anybody knows Llomincia Hall, you know that I'm not classical. I didn't get to where I am by doing ballet, therefore I do what I can do and what god has led me to do, and I represent it the best I can." Llomincia has even caught the attention of actress Whoopi Goldberg who shared a link to Mincy's routine on her facebook page and wrote "I thought this girl was AMAZING!" Former LSU star Ashley Claire-Kearney choreographed Mincy's routine and says "People either love that routine or they hate it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm perfectly fine with that, so is Llominica. I know people think that gymnastics should be about ballet and artistry-and it absolutely is, but artistry doesn't necessarily mean ballet, and this isn't ballet, this is gymnastics."
Photo Credit: Morgan Searles

Source: GymShark

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing nice information this blog. i am very impressed your blog. your blog look is very nice.

    Gym in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sir, I got you by Google search.

    Firstly, I should to thanks to you for your unique information of tripletwistgymnastics.com.This site to giving us many information greatly.I,Always signature this site. It is rare to find unique content nowadays but you already have made. I also like to view Welcome to Rugstar.com.au, Australia's favorite online rug buying groceries in Australia: we get direct deals from the producer to you! We sell an implausible range of Australian favorite floor rugs, carpet rug, by way of shopping on-line you'll keep on shaggy, modern, wool, traditional and lots of different rug designs.

    Thanks for your valuable Article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sir, Are you ok? You have written a unique content.

    It is very well information about on tripletwistgymnastics.com. All people always want to know all about things that you have been described. It is very valuable & very nice posting! I will bookmark this blog as I have Welcome to Rugstar.com.au, Australia's favorite on-line rug buying groceries in Australia: we get direct offers from the manufacturer to you! We promote an out of this world range of Australian favourite Area Rugs, carpet rug, by way of shopping online you'll stay on shaggy, up to date, wool, traditional and plenty of different rug designs.


    Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete