Friday, April 18, 2014

My Favorite NCAA Floor Routines (from the last 5 years!)

Courtney Kupets (University of Geogria-2009)
I started following collegiate gymnastics back in 2009 and I remember absolutely LOVING this routine. Considering that I had only watched elite gymnastics until that point, I had never seen a routine with so much energy and sass. I had only watched elite gymnastics and I had never seen a routine that had so much energy and sass. I really liked how involved the audience was and I just wanted to be apart of it! Courtney looked like she was having a blast every time she stepped onto the floor and the energy that she created was so captivating! This will probably always remain one of my favorite college routines.




Reema Zakharia (University of Michigan- 2011) 
Being the huge Michigan fan that I am, it would be impossible for me to talk about my favorite floor routines without mentioning Reema. She has always been one of the best performers in the country (at least in my opinion!) and I'm definitely going to miss the spunk and creativity she brings to her routines. Watching her perform live will always be one of my favorite memories because she's one of those girls who creates SO much energy. I can't help but smile when she takes to the floor! This is Reema's floor routine from her freshman year, although I've really enjoyed all her routines. (Fun Fact: She does all her own choreography including some of her teammates!)

 

Elyse Hopfner Hibbs (UCLA-2012) 
Words can not describe how much I love this routine. I admit that I pretty much love everything that Val choreographs but this routine in particular is stunning! The use of eye contact is incredible and the performance quality is off the charts! Typical UCLA. I credit not only Val for coming up with the choreography, but also Elyse for the way she performed it. You could give this routine to any other athlete in the country and they most likely wouldn't be able to do it anywhere near as good as this.

 

Lloimincia Hall (LSU-2013) 
Bet you didn't see this one coming! Obviously we all know how fabulous Lloimincia is, as her routines have been talked about A LOT. Some people like it, some people hate it. Regardless Lloimincia always brings the fun on floor! It's something about the energy and personality she brings to this event that makes every performance of hers truly memorable. I literally smile like crazy whenever I watch her and I will drop whatever I'm doing to watch her perform. She just commands your attention. You can tell that she lives every single moment of her routine and she puts so much of herself into it. The passion behind her movements is incredible and I know her routines will be something I remember for a long long time.

 

Emily Wong (Nebraska-2014)
Emily has always been a bundle of joy on this event. Her smile is infectious and I feel like the choreography matches her personality perfectly- relaxed and fun! The second half of this routine was recycled from last year because Emily loved it so much (and so do we!). The crowd really gets into her routine and you can tell that Emily loves every second as well! It's so much fun to watch and clap along with!



Bridget Sloan (Florida-2013) 
I remember liking this routine from the moment I saw it. I think it's partially because Bridget is a gorgeous dancer and partially because the music and choreography is so dramatic. It's a pretty intense routine and Bridget nailed it every single time. When you combine flawless tumbling, with music that's easy for the crowd to clap along with; you've got yourself an A+ routine! I had a hard time deciding which routine I liked better, this routine or her one from this year. Both are equally as captivating!

 

Vanessa Zamarripa (UCLA-2013) 
The special thing about this routine is that it's not something you would expect to see in college gymnastics. I mean how many college athletes can pull off a catchy and fun floor routine to elevator music?! The more and more I watched this routine, the more I loved it! Vanessa is so calm and cool. Her dancing and tumbling look effortless and relaxed. I like how this performance is so unique compared to the routines we see from every other college gymnast.

4 comments:

  1. I prefer a dramatic floor routine, which is why Anna Li's 2010 FX to Requiem for a Dream is my favorite NCAA routine. That said, I think you picked out a lot of the stand out routines of the past couple years - I remember them too so that's a pretty good mark for a special FX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not ever eliminate this friend's or it could be some sort of college's write-up. Isn't your first concept associated with assistance on paper an antique write-up should be to working away at men and women. Students should certainly look for a topic that they can are typically wonderfully conversant acquiring.

    ReplyDelete