Saturday, September 6, 2014

Dear Gymternet- Journals from Elena Arenas (Entry #4 September 2014)

Dear Gymternet, 

These past couple of weeks have been so amazing and fun! I had been training so hard for the P&G Championships and it paid off. All of the training days were great and I was ready to compete. When I walked into the arena I was a little bit stunned because it was so big! As warm-ups for the meet started to end, more and more people started flooding in and I was getting more and more excited. During march in I could see myself on the big screen and when they announced my name I was like oh my gosh this is actually real! When it was time to compete I went out there and did the best I could and competed like I had been training. To me, this meet wasn't about winning, it was just about having a good time and getting experience competing in a big arena ... although my goal was to medal on something. :) I wasn't used to competing two days but it felt the same as doing one day. I ended up hitting 8 for 8 routines and I placed 7th on bars and got a medal!!! I was super excited and the medal was huge! After the meet, I signed autographs and took pictures with a bunch of people ... it was really cool and fun!



 I also went to see the Abby Lee Dance Company with Maile O'Keefe. The studio is known for the show Dance Moms. Sadly it was closed, but I did meet Holly (Nia's mom) and got pictures! Oh and I also got to meet my favorite gymnast NASTIA LIUKIN!  She came to one of the training days and I got to talk to her and she was so nice. I'd say it was a pretty awesome week! :)



After P&Gs I went to visit family in Oregon.  My grandma had old videos of my mom doing gymnastics so I got to watch some of those! I also went to a river and slid on rocks and my cousins and I tried to make stepping stones through the water. We played games every morning and night. I had so much fun on vacation and couldn't have asked for a better week!  I flew home on my birthday and when I got home my parents had planned a surprise party for me at my house. When I walked in the door my friends yelled surprise and I actually fell over! :)  They all spent the night and then we went to a water park all day the next day ... it was a great birthday!

I had a great week off, but I really missed training and couldn't wait to get back and learn new skills. I have been back home for a few days now and I have learned a new tumbling pass on floor and landed a yurchenko double full on a mat in the pit!  I hope to keep gaining new skills so I can increase my difficulty scores.

The next big thing for me is training camp in a few days ... I leave for the ranch on September 10th and will be there for 5 days.

~Elena

 

5 comments:

  1. Cool!! I love these journals you post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On top of the Cardigan not to mention Pembroke Corgis, various herding sheepdogs can include Border omega replica, Foreign Cattle Pup, Belgian Malinois, Puli, Shetland Sheepdog, Out of date English tongue Sheepdog, Collie, not to mention Beauceron. Much of today’s sheepdogs hardly ever discover the opportunity to rehearse typically the come up with for they have been which means profitably bred, as they are held on to typically for the reason that companion pets. Even if every one of those k-9s get fantastic not to mention good pet dogs, a variety of are really storage of this person family group and can also turn out to be on your guard from louis vuitton outlet, not to mention virtually all desire a substantial amount of physical fitness day-to-day. Sheepdogs which were gloomy aand hungry from the chance to jog not to mention get rid of a handful of his or her's energy source are able to establish behavioral situations and/or turned out to be weight problems. Join up guardians and / or livestock guardians are generally referred to considering that instance from The ancient Rome, when ever mastiff-type k-9s are would always disk drive louis vuitton handbags sale beyond flocks. Dissimilar to herding sheepdogs, that can be smallish and / or structure dimensions, join up guardians are actually immense, substantial k-9s very effective at combating every pressure at their payments. Examples of the widely used join up guardians are actually Maremma Sheepdog, Komondor, Amazing Pyrenees, Towards the south European Ovtcharka, Anatolian Shepherd, not to mention Carpathian Sheepdog. To offer the right join up take care of pup, typically the rolex replica sale might be invented in the join up who rolex replica sale definitely will take care of by as small as 3 time of age. This element helps typically the young dog to actually turned out to be bonded in the join up and turn into associated with it again.

    ReplyDelete