Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Dear Gymternet- Journals from Elena Arenas (Entry #13 June 2015)

Dear Gymternet, 

I didn't have any competitions this month, but I went to a couple of college camps and have been training for the Secret Classic!  AND Nastia Liukin came to our gym for her Shine Tour!!!

The first camp I went to was at Auburn University.  It was an overnight camp, so we got to stay in one of the dorms. I got to go with a bunch of my teammates and I roomed with one of my developmental camp friends, Sunisa Lee. We all roomed right next door to each other, so we spent a lot of time together. We played a bunch of cards, I learned some new games and taught them some games. We all had so much fun together!  The camp went really well and I enjoyed working with all the coaches there.

Elena with her teammates at the Auburn camp

The other camp I went to was at LSU, but before I went to LSU camp I went to our Region 8 banquet that was held in Louisiana.  My gym won Region 8 Gym Club of the Year, so I went with my dad to accept the award along with a couple of my teammates who received awards.  Kyla Bryant made the JO National Team and Savannah Schoennher was the JO National Bar Champion ... I was so proud of them!  At LSU camp I had to train routines most of the time since I am getting ready to compete, but I had a great time with all the other gymnasts and coaches!  One of the coaches was on the Russian National Team and he reminded me so much of Valeri. :)

Elena with some of the LSU gymnastics team!

The coolest thing this month was having Nastia Liukin come to our gym!  It was so great to listen to her experiences and get her advice on a lot of things.  She shared some ways to set goals and how to stay motivated to reach your goals.  It was really inspirational and she was so nice and friendly to all of us.  We got to get a bunch of pictures with her and get autographs.  After she left our gym she started to follow me on Instagram and even liked some of my pictures and videos.  I was freaking 
out!
Elena with Nastia!

My training for the Secret Classic has been going really well.  I am doing lots of routines and feeling prepared and ready to compete in a few weeks.  I have already qualified for P& Gs, but the Secret Classic will help get me experience competing on podium.  I can't wait!!!

~ Elena

8 comments:

  1. I am new reader of your blog but after reading this post I am overjoyed to get information Gym . thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete