Friday, July 31, 2015

Dear Gymternet- Journals from Elena Arenas (Entry #14 July 2015)

Dear Gymternet, 

This month I had the Secret Classic in Chicago and my little sister, Ava, started level 1 team in gymnastics. :)



The Secret Classics went pretty well. I had already qualified to the P&G Championships at the American Classic, so I was using this meet to adjust to competing on podium and to prepare for P&Gs which is in 2 weeks. Leading up to the meet, training had been going great. On the meet day I started on vault and did really well. I did a yurchenko full and got a 14.00! I was really happy with that score. Bars was a little rough but not too bad. I was late on my toe full and had to do a kip cast before my pak. I hit my feet a little bit on the low bar when I did the kip after the toe full. I was disappointed because I don't usually do that. I got a 13.35 which was better than I thought it was going to be. In a weird way it excited me because I know I could've done much better and should score higher next time when I hit my routine. On beam, I wasn't really nervous. I had been nailing all my routines in practice at my gym. I was the last one up and the only one going in the whole meet because all the other events had finished that rotation. I was excited to show everyone what I was doing on beam and how much I had improved since last year. On my series, I went crooked and ended up hanging underneath the beam ... I didn't fall to the ground, instead I climbed back up, and finished my routine pretty well. When I climbed back up everyone started cheering for me. It was my favorite part and least favorite part of the meet. I was in shock and so mad at myself because I don't feel like I could've been more prepared to compete on beam. I finished the meet on floor and did okay. I landed a little short on my full in and went out of bounds on my double pike. I didn't have a perfect meet but I'm motivated to do better at P&Gs!


PC: Christy Ann Linder


I had a bunch of family that came to watch me at the meet. It is always great to have a lot of support and have my family there cheering for me. I also met the girl that does a fan page for me on Facebook. She is from Italy and she came all the way to Chicago to see the meet. It was so cool to meet her and talk to her in person. She is so sweet and she brought me a gift that she gave to me after the meet. Hopefully I will see her again someday.



My sister Ava, who is 5, started level one team! It's going to be so cool to watch her compete in January and to see her progress through gymnastics. I've been teaching her new skills like a back handspring and I just taught her a back tuck on trampoline. I'm so proud of her! I gave her all my old leos and she loved them!!! 



Training has been going great since I have been back from Chicago! I'm so excited for P&Gs and can't wait to compete again!

~ Elena Arenas

11 comments:

  1. Wow!! Love your post, spirit, and determination!!!
    We as a family are cheering for you sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete



  2. Everything for way together with varieties has grown chanel replica sale within the last couple quite a few years. At the outset, way was initially whatever mainly any affluent might possibly be aware of together with carry out. Yet, in our point in time we are all a method hublot replica uk together with some sort of hardcore way fans on their own personal strategy. In actual fact, isn't basically dresses that make or simply escape the fashion society, but will also one’s products brings about rolex replica sale stand up separately. Thereby, products for example pieces, jewelry, boots or shoes, or anything else. happen to be putting on numerous level of popularity within the sessions and also wider public. During the products society, imprinted pieces have at the moment end up those things most people needs to own. rolex replica sale a great device of having when you're needing to earn a layout fact. rolex replica uk happen to be numerous types for example Titan, Timex, Tommy Hilfiger, Titan Fastrack, Hublot, Espirit, and other nationalized and even world types.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. Where Can You Buy Gymnastics Leotards

    ReplyDelete