Tuesday, April 2, 2013

5 Floor Routines I Love

Obviously it's early in the season and many gymnasts are still adjusting to their new floor routines (or have yet to debut them!), but so far this year I have found a few routines that I'm already in love with!

Katelyn Ohashi

           

I LOVE this routine. The music is so much better than her old music (which Bekah described as a sad french mime smoking a cigarette) and the dance fits perfectly with it! It's very well choreographed and suits Katelyn's style nicely. I can't wait to see more of this routine in the future!

Victoria Moors
   
         

This is such an expressive routine and I knew after watching it the first time how much I loved it. Usually I have to watch a routine at least 3 times to get the feel for it..but I fell in love with it while watching live. That says a lot! Props to Victoria for preforming this routine with sass and charisma!

Enus Mariani 

         

This is possibly one of the most artistic performances I have ever seen. I am SO impressed with the maturity level at which Enus preforms...she's only a junior after all! I really enjoyed her floor routine from last year, but I think she's definitely stepped up the choreography this year. I actually feel like her choreography is telling a story which is something we rarely see. Enus is a beautiful gymnast to say the least and this floor routine is superb!

Lexie Priessman

          

I realize that this is an extremely unpopular opinion. I've heard of many people who don't like this routine and at first I didn't like it either. After a few times of watching it, the choreography started to grow on me and I've come to the conclusion that it's really not that bad! I know it's not artistic, and to be honest..it has none of the qualities I listed for the routines above but for some reason I still sort of like it. (my favorite part is that fierce head roll at 0:55)  I don't know why. Please don't hate me for saying this, but I'm going to give this routine a chance! I think with a little bit of cleaning up and a dash more personality it can actually have some entertainment value.

Ksenia Afanasyeva

             

I know that Ksenia preformed this routine last year at the Olympics, but I'm still happy to see she's keeping it for 2013 (or least for the first part of the season!) This is one of my all time favorite routines and so I decided to include it.

It's still early in the season so I expect to see more routines from gymnasts who haven't competed yet, as well as the ones who have competed adjusting to the choreography better! What are some of your favorites so far? Leave a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. Hello sir, Are you ok? You have written a unique content.

    This article will help everyone to know so much important information about on tripletwistgymnastics.com.It is very helpful in using social media sites. It is very alternative for people and helpful to anybody. You may know me by it Welcome to Rugstar.com.au, Australia's favorite on-line rug buying groceries in Australia: we get direct offers from the manufacturer to you! We promote an out of this world range of Australian favourite Area Rugs, carpet rug, by way of shopping online you'll stay on shaggy, up to date, wool, traditional and plenty of different rug designs.


    Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete