Saturday, June 22, 2013

Interview with Abby Milliet

After a phenominal start to the 2013 season, 16 year old  Abigail Milliet is ready to make a splash at championships this year. Abby has been an elite gymnast for 5 years, and is best known for winning the WOGA Classic 2 times in a row (2012 & 2013), as well as placing 2nd all around at the 2011 and 2012 Nadia Comaneci Invitational! Abby trains at Denton Gymnastics in Denton Texas, and is looking forward to her college career at Auburn University! In this interview, Abby talked to us about her career high's and low's, goals for this season, and her reason for choosing Auburn.

Photo Credit: Scott and Emer Hults


You've been an elite gymnast since 2009, can you walk us through some of the high and low points of your career so far? 

Some of my high points, were winning the WOGA Classic twice and the American Classic. A low point was only being able to compete two events at Visa's in 2009 because of my broken foot.

What are some new upgrades that we can expect to see from you this year?

Well, I have a completely new bar routine from last year including a ray, pak, inside stalder full, and a shaposh. On beam, I have back handspring layout, tour jete half, a double pike dismount, and just a bunch of connections with my older skills. On floor, I have a 1 1/2 through to double tuck and on vault I have a yurchenko double.

             

  We saw a video of you training an amanar, when will we see that?

Well yeah, that too! Not this season, i'll have to keep working on that!

                  

What are some of your goals for this season?

My goals are to make it on the national team and hopefully go to Worlds.

You are committed to Auburn for the 2014 school year. What about Auburn caught your eye?

Well, I love the coaches! They remind me of my own. The facility and school are just beautiful. I feel like I have something to contribute and I'm happy to do so.

Who is your role model in gymnastics?

Definitely Nastia Liukin!

What is your dream skill to compete? 

A yurchenko double tuck on vault.

You've been to a few of the National Team Camps this year, what are they like?

It's very hard, but rewarding. It has helped me a lot with being prepared for this upcoming season and doing all my new skills.

Photo Credit: Ruth Judson


What do you like to do when your not in the gym? 

I like to bake, hang out with friends, and I love going to Six Flags!

What was the hardest skill for you to learn?

Yurchenko double on vault. Not necessarily because it was hard..but just trying to make it better was a challenge.

What has gymnastics taught you that will help you in life?

It has taught me that if I focus and give it my all, I can do anything. Also, now that I've experienced so much in gymnastics, I feel like I won't be afraid of things in the real world!


                   

Click (here) to view Abby's website!

4 comments:


  1. Whenever my personal woman looked over this your woman had been surprised in the cost as well as stated it had been unsightly as well as rolex replica held searching. Your woman is not amazed through materials points. The actual jewelry sales person offered me personally just a little background training regarding Zenith wrist watches. He or she stated the actual Switzerland organization have been running a business with regard to on the century and they possess the best quality associated with production with regard to made by hand wrist watches. Zenith wrist watches are utilized with regard to pursuit, aviation and also the navy blue. And so i believed excellent, much more taxes payer bucks at the office. Anyhow, We was not truly focusing simply because We had been simply taking a look at exactly how awesome the actual tag heuer replica uk view had been as well as in which the closest 7-11 had been and so i might purchase a lottery solution. Lottery profits had been that which was required to through this particular joker! This particular view consists of distinctive materials known as Zinichum a kind of Titanium so it's nearly indestructable and incredibly surprise proof. It may endure absolute depths of the 3300 ft. Not just tend to be these types of wrist watches such as small tanks requires chanel replica sale however they tend to be extremely fashionable. I discovered this particular away when i looked over among the catalogues the actual jewelry sales person experienced as well as noticed the actual innovative overseer from the organization Thierry Nataf. I'd absolutely no concept Zenith had been the actual full from the chrono which individuals place a lot work right into a view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Super Meteor 650 motorcycle boasts an elegant fusion of power and style, drawing attention with every rev of its engine. One key component that contributes to its robust structure is the saddle stay, a crucial element that enhances stability and ensures a comfortable riding experience even on challenging terrains. Crafted with precision and durability in mind, the super meteor 650 saddle stay perfectly encapsulates the bike's commitment to both performance and rider comfort, making it an indispensable feature for enthusiasts seeking an exceptional and smooth journey on two wheels.

    ReplyDelete