Saturday, October 26, 2013

My favorite floor routines from 2013

In no particular order..

Larisa Iordache- Romania 
I remember really liking this routine the first time I saw it. Iordache executes this routine with an energy that is infectious. Her smile lights up the room and I think the music really draws you into her performance! I absolutely love the end, it's definitely my favorite part of the routine.  

        

Grace Quinn- USA 
I LOVE the music for this routine. It's so catchy! While Grace's choreography isn't the most spectacular, I still think she does a nice job of drawing the crowd in. She actually makes eye contact with the judges which projects confidence. I like that!

                    

Kyla Ross- USA
Perhaps my favorite routine from this year, Kyla has REALLY stepped it up with her floor choreography! I'm so impressed! This dramatic performance has great musicality and I think the choreography is brilliant because it accentuates every beat. The music actually builds intensity as it goes on and I love it. Her choreography has matured so much since last year; it's nice to see her making eye contact with the crowd and smiling, opposed to just going through the motions.

                    

Aliya Mustafina- Russia
I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on this routine, but I personally really like it. I do feel like it's a bit of a downgrade from some of her previous routines but it's still beautiful nonetheless. Her ending pose is so dramatic and of course elegant. The only thing this routine is missing is more passion. Aliya normally does a great job of putting passion behind her movements so I don't see that being a problem in the near future

                    

Laurie Hernandez- USA
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone! You all know how much I adore Laurie; she attacks the floor every time she goes out there. She puts everything she has into her performance and literally draws everyone in- the crowd, the judges, even the other gymnasts! This routine fits Laurie's personality which I think is great! That's why she's able to perform it like she does. Laurie's coach focuses a lot of detail and it's very evident in her choreography on both beam and floor. Props to Laurie for being a true performer and showing that choreography is just as important as tumbling!

                      

What are some of your favorite floor routines from this year? Leave a comment below!

11 comments:

  1. Definitely love your choices, but I'd say one of my favorite routines is Catherine Lyon's floor. It's so balletic and graceful! It flows really beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine Lyons for sure!! That routine is just so incredibly beautiful.. Love Kyla's and Aliya's too indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydney Johnson-Scharpf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though she retired: Sui Lu <3 Also Sydney Johnson-Scharpf! :) (YJN's is still cool :) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely Sydney Johnson-Scharpf! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan Skaggs is still a stand out for me. Day 2 p&G championships was killer for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, hello, Afanasyeva????

    ReplyDelete