Friday, June 6, 2014

Dear Gymternet- Journals from Elena Arenas (Entry #1 June 2014)


"Dear Gymternet" is a new monthly blog series featuring junior elite Elena Arenas. Elena will write monthly journals so fans can follow her career and stay up to date as she trains for the 2020 Olympics.
 


Dear Gymternet, 

Hi! My name is Elena Arenas, I'm twelve years old and I'm a junior international elite gymnast. I train at Georgia Elite Gymnastics, my parents own the gym and my dad is my coach. I just finished the 6th grade and I'm home-schooled so that I'm able to get all of my training hours in. I train thirty hours a week. My favorite events is bars! I go to the Olympic Training Center about every 4-6 weeks for the elite developmental camps run by Valeri Liukin. About 30-40 kids in the country go! I have been going to these camps for almost two years. I won the hopes qualifier last year at one of the camps at the ranch. This year I won the Buckeye Classic junior elite qualifier and recently just won the junior elite qualifier at camp last month. 



I have two sisters and a brother! Isabel is my older sister, she's fifteen. Ava is my younger sister, she's four. My brother Alex is two years old. My mom, Kim, use to be an elite gymnast and got a scholorship to the University of Georgia. My dad is my coach, as I said before, he also went to the University of Georgia on a scholarship for baseball. I just got a golden retriever puppy named Brantley! She is the sweetest puppy ever!!

Over the next month I will be training for the American Classic on July 5th! 

~Elena

Make sure you follow Elena on Instagram! (Click here

6 comments:

  1. I she Kim Arnolds daughter?

    ReplyDelete