Wednesday, June 27, 2012

10 Questions with Simone Biles

In only her second year on the elite scene, junior gymnast Simone Biles has caught the eyes of fans across the country. With her explosive amanar and powerful tumbling, Simone is proving she's one to watch in the upcoming years. In 2011, she placed 14th at Nationals...failing to qualify to the national team. However in 2012, Simone has quickly climbed up the ranks winning both the American and Secret Classic. She then went on to place 3rd all around at Nationals! We caught up with Simone to talk about her experience at Nationals and much more!

(Photo Credit: Heather Maynez)


You came into nationals as the 2012 Secret Classic champion. Did that give you more confidence? 


"It did give me a lot more confidence! I knew that I could have a shot at winning the title if I hit my routines, but I didn't let myself think about that!"

How would you describe your experience at nationals? 


"It was an amazing experience, I had a lot of fun! I was a little bit nervous though!"

How do you feel you have improved since last year?


"I think I improved a lot since last year! I felt more prepared and confident going into nationals because I knew what to expect."

What do you think was your best routine from the competition? Was there an event you'd like to improve on?


"Probably vault was the best. I had a good meet all around, but I would like to improve on bars and beam!"

You gained a pretty big fan base between classics and nationals, what was that like for you?


"It was very exciting to see all the fans and know there cheering us on. It was great!"

How long did it take you to learn the amanar vault?


"I mean we worked on it here and there, but I'm not really sure how long it took! It wasn't really that hard for me to learn."

Do you plan on upgrading any of your routines?


"Yes, on bars and beam!"

What gymnast do you look up to? 


"Umm. I don't really know!"

What keeps you motivated to keep training everyday?


"Just being in the gym with my friends. Gymnastics is my life and I've never considered quitting at this level. Maybe I did in level 6, but that doesn't really count!"

What do you like to do for fun when you're not in the gym?


"I like hanging out with my family and friends and of course I like shopping and playing with my dogs!"

(Photo Credit: USA Gymnastics)

Thanks Simone and good luck in the future!


         


         

4 comments:



  1. Choosing which usually merchandise will be excellent to get will be a thing that the majority of people confront if they select purchasing. Creating rolex replica sale collection of the item is obviously not necessarily an easy task when you acquire a lot of alternatives to pick from, which usually furthermore tends to make the process more complicated. In addition to, building a excellent replica chanel bags to get the proper merchandise will be a thing that will take a lot of things into account. Folks typically acquire several types of goods. Many of these goods are necessary for everyday living, The products are usually mostly, garments, loaf of bread, dairy, and so forth. hublot replica uk can not dismiss these kinds of goods since they're really crucial. There are tons regarding crucial items in which support people to help make the most effective selection. Yet, usually, rolex replica sale choose to obtain simply people items that are usually highly important for the kids. Nonetheless, many individuals furthermore choose to obtain some other things about several specific situations. Although these products usually are not necessary, they will are designed for supplying diverse thoughts. Put simply, rolex replica uk things in reality help make folks pleasant.


    ReplyDelete