Thursday, June 28, 2012

Who wore it best?

This is the 2nd post in our who wore it best series!

Again on the panel we have:

Ashlee and Brittany from Triple Twist
Stacie from Beam Dreams
Izzi from Chalk it up Gym Blog
Jackie from Gymnewstics




1. Kyla Ross or Dominique Moceanu 



Ashlee: Personally, I like Dominique's leotard. I like how it has the stars in the corner resembling the American flag. Kyla's is sort of bland and I don't like that shade of blue. 

Brittany: I'm going to go with Kyla on this one. I think it looked alot better on TV, but I like how the red ribbons are shiny and the blue star section is sparkly. It all balances out pretty well, although I wish the stars were alittle bit more noticeable. At frist glance, I was not a fan of this leotard but I have to admit its growing on me! 

Stacie:  This one is close for me, but I will vote for Kyla. Maybe because it is more recent and came as the only USA themed leo at Visas. But I like the slight irregularity of the ribbons forming the "stripes" and loved the subtle amount of sparkles in her stars. I would be very happy if this was our Olympic team leo.

Izzi: I really love Kyla’s version of the leotard. I like the sleeker, modified, version of the flag, and I love that the white part isn’t shiny at all; it’s just simple and clean. This was definitely one of the best leos of Nationals!

Jackie: Kyla wins this for me! I love the sparkly blue! It's patriotic and stylish at the same time and Kyla is one of the few girls that can pull off white.



2. Team Russia, Gabby Douglas, or Simone Biles


Ashlee: Not a fan of this leotard, but I would have to say Gabby's is the best, I actually didn't mind it much. You might as well go all out if you're going to wear this leotard. 

Brittany: It's really just an overall ugly leotard. But if I HAD to choose one, I'd pick the Russian gals. I think it's a pretty shade of blue, very bright and vivid! I also like how the colors go together. Red, white, and blue is better than lime green, teal blue, and hot pink!

Stacie: I can't believe I am going to say this. But I have to choose Gabby Douglas. I must admit, I really didn't like the color combinations of her leo at the beginning of the night. But as the night wore on, it just began to grow on me. It is so perfectly Gabby. Not many girls could pull this off. And I can't imagine liking it on anyone else. But I have grown to love it on Gabby. In any other sane mindset, I would say the Russian girls. Well, really I would say none. It is a bit to busy/sparkly/velvety for me.  

Izzi: THIS LEOTARD. Honestly, I get where some leotard repeats come from because some of them are just really nice leos. For example, the pinwheel leotard, though hugely overused, is nice in almost every color scheme.  However, this leotard is not good in ANY color scheme.  I can’t for the life of me figure out why everybody has worn this leotard.  If I had to pick one, I would pick Team Russia, because at least their color scheme seems cohesive. The others have that random pink stripe which doesn’t match at all! Russia’s look a lot classier with the two shades of blue and the colors of the flag.

Jackie: I think the Russians wore it best here. That color combination is the best for me out of all three choices. I love Gabby and want to like that lime green, but I just...can't. 



3. Jordyn Wieber, Kyla Ross, or Shawn Johnson


Ashlee: I LOVE this leotard and I like it in almost any color! I really like how the red, white, and blue stands out against the white sleeves. Not sure if I like the green and yellow with Kyla though. I think I'll give this one to Shawn. 

Brittany: This is a tough one! All 3 of these leotards are absolutely stunning but if I had to pick a favorite I'd choose Kyla. I really like the combination of green and gold, I like how it stands out on the white sleeves! My second pick would be Shawn.

Stacie: I don't exactly know why, but this is my all time favorite leo in all of the colors. It is a great combination between simple (the majority of the leo is all one base color) with a really fun pattern on the arms to set it apart and make it interesting. I will declare this a tie. This is my very favorite USA leo we have ever competed in. So I have to give it that vote. But it is also my very favorite "hot pink" trend leo. It looked beautiful on Jordyn. The pictures in this leo were some of the most stunning she has taken. 

Izzi: This design, much like the famed pinwheel leo, actually looks good in almost any color. The problem with Jordyn’s is that you can see more of the rhinestones, since the sleeves are black.  When you can see them like that it makes them look less sparkly and more just like jewels. Other than that, I really love all three, although I’d have to go with the original Team USA version. I love how this incorporates the colors of the flag but still keeps it simple on the body of the leo.

Jackie: I'll go with Kyla on this one, although I do love Jordyn in purple. The color and shape look perfect on her. Plus, that determined face as she goes to catch the bar is priceless!

4. Bridget Sloan or Alyia Mustafina


Ashlee: What a boring leotard. I'm not a fan of the green version at all.  Bridget wins! 

Brittany: I'm going with Sloan on this one. I honestly just don't like the shade of green.
Red looks much much better!

Stacie: This is the only easy one for me. I really never liked this color of green on Mustafina's leo. Not in general and not for her. Hands down, this one goes to Sloan. I do like the subtle sparkles and pattern on this leo in general.

Izzi: I’m not a huge fan of this leotard, just because it’s kind of boring and the design is a little bit weird. I guess Mustafina’s is slightly better because of the colors. On her version, the part at the neck is less of a contrast from the body, making it a little bit subtler and more interesting. I also like the shade of green; it’s fairly unique. Overall, I think her color combinations are just more intriguing and less obvious.

Jackie: Alyia wears this one best. The green is gorgeous and she really seems to own it. I also love that the simple elegance of the leotard matches her classic gymnastics style perfectly.  

5. Nastia Liukin or Beth Tweddle


Ashlee: Hmm tough one. I'm getting tired of the pink leotards on Nastia and all the USA girls. Beth's leotard is sort of refreshing because it's different, but I don't like either of these leotards to be honest. I don't like the sparkly streaks going down the sleeves and mid section which looks less noticeable on Nastia. So I'll give this one to her. 

Brittany: Is it just me, or is this leotard extremely unflattering on everyone who wears it? I guess I'll pick Nastia...but only because I don't like the yellow collar design on Beth's.

Stacie: I must admit, I was actually a fan of the pink leo! I just liked it. I liked the colors, I liked the sparkles, an I think it's a good balance between simple and elegant. I didn't like it at all in blue and green. Love Beth. Not so much the leo. 

Izzi: I had no idea anyone else had worn this atrocity! This is such a bad leo on so many levels.  I’ve seen a picture of it in different colors and it looks so much better when the top and bottom are different colors, so I really don’t understand why neither of these people did that. I’m torn, because the #hotpink version is just such a bad shade of pink, but at least the stripes are white and not some other glaring color like in the blue version.  It kills me to do this, but I’m going to have to give this one to Nastia. I didn’t realize this leotard could get worse, but that yellow just pushes me over the edge.

Jackie: As much as I'm sick of #hotpinknation, I do like this leotard on Nastia. She clearly loves rocking the pink and that confidence shows. Now hopefully we'll see some of that confidence in her bar routine.






2 comments:

  1. I, personally don't think that the pink leo is very flattering to Nastia's figure. She is trying to get back into tip top shape, and that leo does not give anywhere. Not that spandex ever gives anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is late, but oh gash people are different. My favourite is number 2, the one almost everyone hated :)
    and number 3 I don't like so much, I like Jordyn Wieber's coulors though.

    ReplyDelete