Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The 2012 Olympic Champion

Below are some of the strongest candidates for the title of Olympic champion and the highest all around score they can get. This is based off of the routines they competed in 2012 with the upgrades that we know of. (Assuming they all compete amanars too!)

Jordyn Wieber

















 

(Photo Credit: Getty Images)

All Around Score: 65.300



Gabby Douglas













(Photo Credit: Dilip Vishwanat)


All Around Score: 66.000


Larisa Iordache



















(Photo Credit: Thomas Schreyer)


All Around Score: 65.800

Viktoria Komova



















(Photo Credit: Thomas Schreyer)


All Around Score: 66.100

Aliya Mustafina


















(Photo Credit: Grace Chiu) 


All Around Score: 65.500




Yao Jinnan


















(Photo Credit: FIG)




All Around Score: 65.000


All Around Standings:


1. Viktoria Komova
2. Gabby Douglas
3. Larisa Iordache
4. Alyia Mustafina
5. Jordyn Wieber
6. Yao Jinnan



As you can see the field is very strong going into London. But if everyone hits, Viktoria Komova has the capability to win it all! Gabby Douglas just 1 tenth behind her. Now of course, anything can happen but this is a good idea of how the podium could turn out if everybody hits their routines! For all of these girls, this will be their first Olympic games and all of them are planning on doing amanars which makes it very close during competition. Let the games begin!

11 comments:

  1. What about Aly? I feel like she's kind of forgotten now that Gabby got it all together. If Gabby turns into a headcase during prelims Aly could make the All-Around finals as well....thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. But unless something happens to either Dougie or Wieber, unforunatley Aly dosen't really have a shot! I don't doubt she can place top 10...but if were talking about who's capable of winning? I wouldn't consider Aly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but Aly was fourth this year in AA at Worlds... ahhhh, I hate the rule that only 2 gymnasts from each country can compete in the AA, because you're right, unless Gabby or Jordyn messes up, Aly probably will not get the shot to compete in the AA finals at the olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making this entry!! I really hope that Jordyn is able to win gold, but it will definitely be a fight. Gabby has the potential to be spectacular however I'm still not sure of her consistency!! I know she won Trials and did fabulous at Nationals but all it takes is one tiny mistake in the AA .. Komova has a shot too, however if a Russian wins/medals I'd rather it be Aliya, & PS AMAZING PIC OF ALIYA, I love it!! Cant wait to see how it pans out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think any of them could take it. I don't think Gabby will be as strong as her scores have indicated as she is one of the most overscored athletes I've ever seen. Internationally, she could hit obviously amazingly well on bars, but IMHO her floor, beam and vault is not up to Olympic AA level. I'm hoping for Jordyn or Vika.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really hoping the podium will be 1.Mustafina,2.Iordache, 3.Komova. What is Grishina's AA SV?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I should have been more specific....I was just speaking of Aly taking the AA finals if Gabby did turn into a headcase. I totally agree that she's very overscored and I'm concerned that all her instant fame could very easily turn her into a headcase.

    ReplyDelete